- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium golden delicious apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. all spice
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
- In a food processor bowl or blender container, place the following ingredients: chickpeas, chopped apple, lemon juice, peanut butter, water, salt and spices.
- Cover and process or blend until smooth; transfer to bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate up to three days.
- Serve dip with apple slices, carrot slices and/or whole-wheat crackers.