Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1 large, ripe tomato (cored, seeded, and finely chopped, about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 small red onion (finely chopped, about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon low-sodium adobo seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Ingredients for the steak
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 1/8 teaspoon adobo seasoning
Directions for the sauce:
- In a small bowl, mix together tomato, onions, parsley, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, low-sodium adobo seasoning and crushed red pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up until 48 hours.
Directions for the steak:
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak on both sides with low-sodium adobo seasoning. Place steak on hot, greased grill grates.
- Cook, flipping once, until steak is well browned on both sides and cooked to 145 °F (about 6 minutes for medium-rare). Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak. Divide steak evenly among serving plates. Top with reserved Salsa Criola