Asparagus Salad with Lemon-Garlic Dressing
- 2 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
- 1 tbsp. low-fat buttermilk fat-free milk
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 medium garlic clove (minced)
- 24 medium asparagus spears (trimmed)
- Poppy seeds (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, buttermilk, lemon zest, and garlic. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- In a large saucepan or skillet, pour in enough water to barely cover the asparagus. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the asparagus and cook for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain in a colander. Rinse with cold water and drain well. If desired, cut on the diagonal into bite-size pieces. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add the dressing, tossing gently to coat. Lightly sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!