- 1 lb. asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1 lb. Sole fillets (4 pieces, approximately the same size)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon or lime peel
- 4 T. lemon or lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 T. chives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. mustard
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Spray 1 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Set aside. Wash and cut asparagus into 3-inch pieces.
- Place in a large saucepan in lightly salted water.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, drain.
- Set aside. Season the skin side of the sole fillets with salt and lemon or lime peel.
- Place asparagus spears at one end of each fillet.
- Roll up fillets with asparagus spears inside and secure with plain round toothpicks.
- Place fillets in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and pour over fish.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until fish is white in color and flakes easily with a fork.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!