- 1-2 heads Bibb lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch arugula, torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 avocados, ripe but firm, peeled and cubed
- 2 ruby red or pink grapefruits, peeled and segmented, reserve excess juice
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan halves (toasted in a sauté pan)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- Juice from segmented grapefruit (approximately 3 tablespoons)
- Fresh ground salt and black pepper to taste
- Arrange lettuce and arugula on large platter.
- Arrange avocado and grapefruit segments on the bed of greens.
- Combine ingredients for dressing, and drizzle over entire salad.
- Garnish with toasted pecans.
- Add final garnish of minced parsley.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!