- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg whites and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the cereal, nuts, coconut and oats.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a fork, forming a crisscross pattern.
- Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks.
- Yield: 6 1/2 dozen.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!