- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper as needed
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1 package of sliced prosciutto
- Rustic Italian style bread
- 1/4 bunch of fresh basil, sliced in thin ribbons
- 1 pound of fresh Mozzarella cheese, slice into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large tomato, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 pound Butter
- 4 eggs
- Season the mozzarella and tomato slices with salt and pepper.
- Peel the slices of prosciutto and lay into a hot pan with a little bit of olive oil. Cook until crispy and remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- In a non-stick sauté pan, add 1tsp butter. Crack one egg into the center of the pan and cook gently until the white is firm but the yolk is still soft. Gently slide the egg off and repeat with the other eggs.
- Slice bread into 4 large slices, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Take each slice of bread and layer with tomato and cheese. Place under a broiler until cheese is melted, remove and reserve.
- Gently slide the eggs on top of the sandwiches. Garnish with basil. Serves 4.