Bacon, Egg & Mushroom Burritos
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 6 thick slices applewood-smoked turkey bacon, (6 oz.)
- 4 oz. fresh shitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 4 oz. fresh baby arugula or spinach
- 6 flour or wheat tortillas (7-9”, warmed)
- Cook bacon in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and Place on paper towel to drain grease.
- Pour out all but 1 tbsp. drippings. Add mushrooms; Saute over medium heat 2 minutes. Add arugula; Cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently Pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking—pulling, lifting and folding eggs—until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon egg mixture into center of each tortilla, dividing evenly; Top each with one bacon slice. Fold in sides of tortillas, then Roll up burrito-style.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!