Southwest Breakfast Quiche
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup egg whites or egg substitute
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 (7-oz) can canned green chiles
- 1 cup fat free cottage cheese (whipped in a food processor until smooth)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Coat a 9-inch round or square baking dish with canola cooking spray; set aside.
- In mixer bowl, combine eggs, flour, and baking powder, and beat until blended. Add egg whites and milk and beat until smooth. On low speed, beat in green chilis, cottage cheese and shredded cheese. Pour mixture into prepared dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350˚F and bake for about 25 minutes more (until quiche is firm in the center and top is golden brown). Cut into 6 equal slices and serve as is or top with salsa, avocado or plain Greek yogurt.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!