- 1 large acorn squash (approximately 32 oz)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Preheat oven to 350º. Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Place each half, cut side down, in a baking dish. Cover dish and bake for 45 to 60 minutes until squash is soft and tender. Meanwhile, combine cinnamon, pineapple, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger. When squash is cooked, remove from oven. Let it cool for 10 minutes. Scoop out pulp from both halves and combine with pineapple mixture. Replace mixture into shells and return to the oven and bake for 7 minutes until pineapple mixture is hot and bubbly.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!