Baked French Toast Casserole
Originally published on: December 19, 1996
- 1 loaf French bread
- 9 large eggs
- 3 cups milk, half may be whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Slice bread into slices. Arrange in buttered 9×13-inch pan overlapping slices.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat until blended. Pour evenly over bread slices. Cover with foil, refrigerate overnight.
- Next day: Preheat oven to 350°. Combine Praline Topping ingredients, spread evenly over bread.
- Bake 40 minutes until puffed and lightly golden. Serve with maple syrup or honey.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!