- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 loaf challah
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup low fat Lactaid milk
- 1/2 cup Lactaid half and half
- 3 Mcintosh apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Lemon zest
- Powdered sugar
- Combine sugar & butter in small sauce pan and simmer until syrupy.
- Pour mixture over bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Slice bread into 1 inch slices, cut in half diagonally & place over syrup mixture.
- Put apple slices between bread slices.
- Zest a lemon over the bread In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt & vanilla.
- Pour over bread.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over egg mixture.
- Cover dish and let stand in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!