- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh basil leaves
- Combine the ricotta cheese, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until thoroughly blended.
- Divide the cheese mixture among four 10-ounce glasses or goblets.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Combine the vinegar and granulated sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 or 3 minutes or until the mixture become lightly syrupy and easily coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Toss strawberries with the balsamic syrup until coated.
- Divide the strawberries evenly among the glasses over the chilled cheese mixture.
- Top with the ribbons of basil and serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!