- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1 can corn
- 1 green pepper, diced small
- 1/2 onion, diced small
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 box Jiffy Cornbread mix
- rown the ground beef, and add seasoning according to directions on package.
- Set aside to cool for about 30 minutes while chopping the vegetables.
- In a 6×9 glass baking dish, combine ground beef, corn, green pepper, onion and 3 cups of the shredded cheese.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the corn bread mix according to the package directions.
- Spread the corn bread batter on top of the ground beef mixture in the baking dish.
- Top with the remaining cup of cheese and bake at 350° for 25 minutes, or until cornbread topping is done.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, diced tomato, and sour cream on the side.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!