Submitted by: Farm and Dairy’s Aimee Tenzek for her daughter Lillian and her dad.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock (or canned broth)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese (or more)
- 8 flour tortillas
- In medium saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, add chicken stock, heat and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add sour cream, green chilies and cayenne. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, toss cooked chicken with 3/4 cup sauce mixture from the saucepan. Stir well.
- Fill each tortilla with scant 1/3 cup chicken mixture, roll up and place seamside down in oblong greased casserole.
- Pour remaining sauce on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, covered.
- Remove from oven, take off foil and sprinkle cheese over top.
- Return to oven or just let it sit on the stovetop while you call everyone to the table. Either way, the cheese will melt.