Submitted by Salli Barach of Hopedale, OH
- 1 cup oleo
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups flour, dash of salt, 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 large mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Ingredients for the Buttercrem Icing:
- 1 lb. confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup soft oleo
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3-4 Tbsp. milk
- Grease a 10”15” cake pan, set aside.
- Cream together the oleo, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in the flour, salt, baking soda and milk.
- Next, add the bananas and nuts.
- Bake in a 325° oven for 30-40 minutes.
- While cake is cooling, make the Buttercream Icing: Mix together all ingredients and spread on cooled cake. Top with additional chopped nuts, if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!