Submitted by Rick Tytko of Brecksville, Ohio
- 1 (15 oz.) package Refrigerated Pie Crust, at room temperature
- 2 medium bananas, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 4 1/2 tsp. Light rum
- 2 tsp. Grated orange peel
- 2/3 Cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup whipping cream
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- Vanilla ice cream, if desired
- Prepare pie crust as directed on package for one-crust baked shell using 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake in preheated 450°oven 9 – 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine bananas and rum; toss to coat. Sprinkle orange peel evenly in bottom of baked crust.
- Arrange bananas in single layer over peel; sprinkle with pecans.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, whipping cream and butter; stir over medium-high heat 2 – 3 minutes, to a boil. Cook 2 – 4 more minutes or until mixture is thickened and deep golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Remove saucepan from heat; stir in vanilla. Spoon warm filling over bananas and pecans. Cool 30 minutes. Serve warm or cool with ice cream. Store in refrigerator.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!