- Pie pastry
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 3-4 bananas, thickly sliced
- Lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- Roll out the pastry and use to line 9 inch loose-bottomed flan pan. Cover with baking parchment and fill with baking beans and bake in a preheated oven at 400° for about 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans and bake for 5 minutes more until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and sugar in a pan and stir until dissolved. Bring to boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Remove from heat and stir in milk and condensed milk. Return to boil for 2 minutes or until mixture is golden and very thick, stirring continuously.
- Arrange bananas in pastry and sprinkle with a little lemon juice. Cover completely with the fudge and allow to cool. Chill for 45 minutes until set.
- Whip the heavy cream and pile on top of the pie. Decorate with extra banana, sprinkled with lemon juice, if you wish. Serve within 2-3 hours.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!