- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
- About 2/3 cup milk
- Crunchy Almond Butter Topping
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Preheat oven to 400°. Grease cookie sheet. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Cut in margarine, using fork, until mixture is crumbly. Stir enough milk until dough rounds up into a ball and leaves side of bowl. If necessary, stir in additional milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough is soft and slightly sticky. Beat 25 strokes. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon about 1 inch apart onto cookie sheet. Mix almonds, margarine, and corn syrup; spread over tops of unbaked rolls. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!