- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/2 cup ginger ale
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices frozen Texas Toast
- 2 spears pickled okra, sliced
- To prepare barbecue sauce, combine ginger ale, brown sugar, ketchup, chipotle peppers and Worcestershire sauce in saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Simmer 8 to 10 minutes until sauce is thickened; set aside.
- Lightly shape Ground Beef into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare Texas Toast according to package directions.
- Cut each piece of toast in half.
- For each sandwich, spread 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce over one toast half.
- Top with burger, another tablespoon sauce and okra slices.
- Close sandwich.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!