- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbspWorcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 lb. 8/1 frankfurters
- 8 long sandwich buns
- Heat butter in a medium skillet. Cook celery and onion until tender.
- Add Ketchup and next 5 ingredients and stir into skillet to combine. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add frankfurters; cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve frankfurters with sauce in buns.
- Tip: May substitute 1 pound of cocktail wieners and serve in sauce as an appetizer.