- 1 each green, red and yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- 1 pound boneless beef top round steak, fat trimmed and cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons light soy sauce (less sodium)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium barbecue sauce
- 2 cups hot, cooked long-grain brown rice
- Heat large non-stick skillet with cooking spray on medium-heat.
- Add bell peppers and onions; cook and stir 6-8 minutes;transfer to large bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Add meat, garlic and black pepper to skillet.
- Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce; cook 1 minute or until meat is done.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and cook another 3 minutes.
- Toss meat mixture with vegetables.
- Spoon over rice.