- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots (about 2 large)
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water 10 minutes or until almost tender. Add asparagus; continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes or until pasta and asparagus are tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add shallots and garlic; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add beef; toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Combine beef mixture with pasta and asparagus in large bowl; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!