- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced seasoned tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound small red-skinned potatoes (1-1/2 to 2-inch diameter), cut into quarters
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Chopped fresh oregano (optional)
- Combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup cheese, egg whites, water, 1 clove garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 12 two-inch meatballs.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place meatballs in skillet; cook 5 to 8 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Add remaining 2 cloves garlic, tomatoes and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes and until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover; continue simmering about 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Sprinkle meatballs with cheese, if desired, before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!