- 1 beef Sirloin Tip roast (4 pounds)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Ingredients For Green Beans & Carmelized Onions:
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large onions, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen green beans, cooked, warm
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Combine garlic and pepper; press onto beef Roast.
- Place Roast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat.
- Do not add water or cover.
- Roast in 325°F oven 2 hours for medium rare; 2-1/2 hours for medium doneness.
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp; remove bacon.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Add onions; cook over medium-low heat 35 to 40 minutes or until very soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in vinegar and sugar.
- Cook over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- Add beans and bacon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove Roast when meat thermometer registers 140°F for medium rare; 155°F for medium.
- Tent with foil.
- Let stand 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 5°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Remove rack from pan; stir in gravy, Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Carve Roast.
- Serve with sauce and vegetables.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!