- 1 pound Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Ingredients For Sauce:
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs, egg whites, water, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into thirty-six 1-1/4-inch meatballs.
- Place on rack in broiler pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in 400°F oven 15 to 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat preserves, barbecue sauce and mustard in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add cooked meatballs and continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve or keep warm in slow cooker.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!