- 2 (15 oz.) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (2 oz.) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1 (3 oz.) jar bacon bits
- 1/4 sugar
- 1/4 red wine vinegar
- 1/4 olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
In large bowl, mix black-eyed peas, green onions, celery, bell pepper, pimientos, and bacon bits. In separate bowl, mix sugar, red wine vinegar, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss with vegetables. Cover and chill at least 3 hours before serving.
Black-eyed peas have been traditionally used for New Year’s Eve, but this salad is great any time of year.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!