- 2 large heads cabbage (1 shredded)
- 1 lb. hamburg or ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 s long-grain rice (uncooked)
- 6 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 can vegetable-tomato juice
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 Parmesan cheese
Fill large pan with salted water (2 tablespoons). Bring to boil. Place head of cabbage in it. Allow to become translucent. Remove; drain. Peel off leaves; trim heavy veins. Mix meat, rice, eggs, salt, pepper, garlic, onion and cheese. Put 1 tablespoon mixture on each cabbage leaf. Roll, tucking in ends. Line large, deep casserole with shredded cabbage (sauerkraut can be substituted for cabbage). Add cabbage rolls and tomatoes. Add juice. Bake at 350° 1 hour.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!