- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (try pepper jack for more of a kick)
- Rinse peppers under cold water.
- Cut them in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Place peppers in a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for five minutes.
- Drain the peppers and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sauté the chopped onion until tender.
- In a large bowl, mix together onions, tomatoes, corn and black beans.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, except the cheese and peppers.
- Add the oil mixture to the vegetables; mix until spread throughout.
- Place bell pepper halves on a greased baking sheet.
- Fill with the mixture sprinkle each one with cheese.
- Baked for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!