Harriett Wade, of Scio, Ohio, sent us this Stuffed Pepper Soup recipe. Thanks for sharing, Harriett. It looks delicious!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cooked, converted or long grain white rice
- 2 cups chopped green pepper
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or large pan, brown the beef.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, green pepper, beef bouillon, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Add cooked rice and heat through.