Blueberry Rhubarb Galette
- ¾ pound rhubarb, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. cardamom
- 1 pie crust recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- pinch of cinnamon sugar or superfine sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Combine the chopped rhubarb, blueberries, granulated sugar, corn starch and cardamom in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Roughly roll out your pie dough into a circle shape and place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top the pie crust with the rhubarb mixture, leaving a 1½ inch border.
- Fold the edges of the pie crust up over the filling in pleats.
- Brush the edges with the beaten egg. Sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon sugar or superfine sugar.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the dough is golden brown. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!