- 1 pound Italian pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups bow tie pasta
- 1 15-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
Combine sausage, onion and garlic in a heavy, large covered pot; cook until sausage is brown, breaking up sausage with wooden spoon. Drain off fat. Stir in chicken broth, uncooked pasta, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, basil and thyme. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Serves 6.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!