Ingredients for Filling:
- 5 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. freshly grated lemon peel
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 5 EGGS, room temperature
- 2 EGG YOLKS, room temperature
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
Ingredients for Crumb Crust:
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (56 to 60 wafers)
- 2 EGGS WHITES, lightly beaten
- HEAT oven to 300°F.
- CRUMB CRUST:
- MIX vanilla wafer crumbs and egg whites in medium bowl until evenly moistened.
- PRESS evenly and firmly against bottom and 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 inches up sides of greased 9-inch springform pan. REFRIGERATE.
- COMBINE cream cheese, sugar, flour, lemon peel and vanilla in mixer bowl.
- BEAT on low speed until blended. BEAT on high speed until fluffy. ADD 5 eggs and 2 egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. ADD cream; beat until blended. POUR into chilled crust.
- BAKE in center of 300°F oven until wooden pick inserted midway between center and edge of cake comes out clean, about 1-1/2 hours. Center will still be soft, but will firm up as cheesecake cools.
- REMOVE from oven; carefully loosen edge of cake from pan with metal spatula or thin knife. COOL completely in pan on wire rack.
- REFRIGERATE, loosely covered, until firm, at least 8 hours or overnight.