Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 can kidney beans, strained and rinsed
- 1 can great northern beans, strained and rinsed
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth (low sodium)
- ½ cup hot buffalo sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Coat the bottom of a large chili pot with extra virgin olive oil and place on the stove top over medium heat.
- Add diced yellow onion and minced garlic to the pot and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place the ground chicken in the pot and continue to sauté for an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When the meat begins to brown, add the red pepper flakes, oregano, turmeric, chili powder, salt and pepper. and mix well.
- Add the kidney and great northern beans and pour in the vegetable broth, buffalo sauce and tomato sauce. Reduce to low heat.
- Cover the chili, and allow to cook for the next 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!