- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 head cabbage shredded
- 2 15 oz cans tomato sauce low sodium
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz cranberry sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 giner snap cookies crushed
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and black pepper. Form into 1 inch meatballs.
- Place 1/2 of shredded cabbage in a large pot, add meatballs. Spoon cranberry sauce over the meatballs and add remaining cabbage
- In a bowl, mix the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Pour over meatball/cabbage mixture.
- Simmer uncovered, 20 minutes. Stir gently being careful not to break up meatballs. Add the lemon juice and cookie crumbs. Simmer another 10-15 minutes until meatballs are completely cooked.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!