- 1 pound extra lean ground beef chuck or round
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- One 8-ounce package fat-free cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- One 10-ounce can enchilada sauce
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, onion and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in cream cheese and chili powder. Pour enchilada sauce in a shallow bowl. Dip tortillas in sauce to coat.
- Place two tortillas in a 13 X 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; spread with half of the beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!