- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups finely chopped mustard greens
- 1 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
In large saucepan with tight-fitting lid, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add rice; cook and stir 3 minutes or until rice begins to brown. Add honey, garlic, salt and thyme; cook and stir 1 minute. Add broth, Tabasco, greens, squash and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork to serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!