- 2 pork tenderloins (about 3/4 lb. each)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
In small bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, lime juice, oil, garlic, curry powder, ginger and black pepper; mix until well blended. Place pork tenderloins in plastic bag; pour marinade over pork in bag. Close bag tightly; marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight.
Remove pork from marinade; reserve marinade. Grill over medium coals 20 to 25 minutes for medium doneness, turning after first 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, place reserved marinade in small saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Serve with sliced pork; garnish with cilantro.
For vegetarian version, replace pork with 1-1/2 pounds of extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch slices; marinate as directed. Grill over medium coals 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Makes 6 servings.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!