- 5 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 med. yellow onion, chopped
- 3 celery stocks, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lg. head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, plus more for serving
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese or favorite cheese
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Drain grease from the pot and add butter to bacon. Remove a few pieces for topping.
- Add onion and celery, cook until soft, 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower, stock, thyme and the bay leaf and bring up to a simmer. Cook until cauliflower is very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- When vegetables are tender, remove thyme and bay leaf and discard.
- Blend with immersion blender or transfer to a blender in batches and blend until smooth.
- Stir in cream and cheese.
- Reheat if needed. Garnish with fresh thyme and bacon, and serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!