- 2/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Cabot 50%
- Light Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups raw broccoli florets
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into spears
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound small new potatoes, cooked
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk and cornstarch until cornstarch is completely dissolved (tilt pan to check for any remaining lumps).
- Add garlic, bay leaf, mustard and nutmeg.
- Place pan over medium-low heat.
- Whisking constantly, bring mixture to simmer; continue whisking for 1 minute.
- Add cheese and whisk just until cheese is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat, discard bay leaf and transfer mixture to a fondue pot or place the saucepan on a warming tray.
- Serve surrounded with vegetables for dunking.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!