- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the ketchup, milk, butter, eggs and mustard; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in the beef mixture and cheese.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 5 dozen.
- Editor’s Note: Muffins may be baked in regular-size muffin cups for 20-25 minutes; recipe makes 2 dozen.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!