- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- In a skillet, sauté onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Combine cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, oregano and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir in the onion mixture and eggs.
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes; drain well.
- Stir into cheese mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Cut into small squares; serve warm.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!