Cheesy Lasagna Rolls
- 8 gluten-free lasagna noodles cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- 3/4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can low sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can low sodium tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can low sodium tomato paste
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
- Wash your hands and clean your preparation area. Rinse any fresh vegetables under cool running water. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, and garlic until meat is no longer pink, drain excess fat off of beef if necessary.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, green bell pepper, and tomato paste. Simmer for about 10 minutes then set aside.
- Mix together cottage cheese, Mozzarella cheese, and parsley.
- Spread this mixture over each noodle and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a greased baking pan.
- Top all roll ups with sauce mixture and then sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese, if desired.
- Cover dish and bake at 375˚F for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving for flavors to blend.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!