Gluten-Free Chickpea Pasta Salad
- 4 ounces fresh green beans, cut into 1” pieces
- 8 ounces chickpea pasta shells
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 1 ear)
- 1/2 of a red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for about 3 minutes, or until just tender.
- Use a strainer to scoop out the beans and put into a bowl of ice water (to stop the cooking). Once cool, remove and pat dry.
- To the boiling water, add the pasta and cook according to the package directions. Drain into a colander and pass under cold running water to cool. Shake out excess water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, green beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the salad and toss well to combine. Serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!