- 3/4 lb. ground chicken
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 red or green bell pepper (chopped)
- 3/4 cup zucchini (diced)
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1/2 cup bottled BBQ sauce (look for a brand with the lowest amount of sugar)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns (toasted )
- In a large skillet, cook the ground chicken, onion, garlic, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper over medium heat until meat is browned, about 5–6 minutes. Add in the green or red pepper and zucchini and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add the diced tomatoes and BBQ sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve the mixture over half of a toasted bun.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!