- 1/2 lb extra lean ground beef chuck or round
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup elbow macaroni dry
- 1 (8 ounce) can no salt added tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup canned, low sodium pinto beans or other favorite bean
- 1/2 cup shredded, low fat cheddar cheese
- Wash your hands and clean your cooking area.
- In large skillet, brown the meat.
- Drain off any remaining fat.
- Add the onions and green peppers to the meat.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cheese.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese and heat until melted.
- Serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!