- About 48 maraschino cherries, with stems, well drained
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder or Dark Cocoa
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- WHITE CHIP COATING (recipe follows)
- CHOCOLATE CHIP DRIZZLE (recipe follows)
- Cover tray with wax paper.
- Lightly press cherries between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Beat butter, powdered sugar, cocoa and 1 tablespoon milk in small bowl until well blended; stir in vanilla and almond extract.
- If necessary, add remaining milk, one teaspoonful at a time, until mixture will hold together but is not wet.
- Mold scant teaspoonful mixture around each cherry, covering completely; place on prepared tray.
- Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
Prepare WHITE CHIP COATING.
- Holding each cherry by stem, dip into coating.
- Place on tray; refrigerate until firm.
- About 1 hour before serving, prepare CHOCOLATE CHIP DRIZZLE; with tines of fork, drizzle randomly over candies.
- Refrigerate until drizzle is firm.
- Store in refrigerator.
- About 4 dozen candies.
Directions for White Chip Coating:
- Place 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY’S Premier White Chips in small microwave-safe bowl; drizzle with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- If mixture thickens while coating, microwave at MEDIUM for 15 seconds; stir until smooth.
Directions for Chocolate Chip Drizzle:
- Place 1/4 cup HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1/4 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, oil or spreads) in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds to 1 minute; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!