- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons (1 oz. bottle) red food color
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) Milk Chocolate Chips, (12-oz. pkg.) Dark Chocolate Chips or (12-oz. pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING (recipe follows)
Directions for Brownies:
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs, food color and vanilla; beat well (mixture will have curdled appearance).
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; blend into butter mixture.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull from sides of pan and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Place milk chocolate chips and heavy cream in medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir.
- If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Cool slightly; spread over surface of brownie.
- Refrigerate (if necessary) until chocolate layer is tacky.
- Prepare CREAM CHEESE FROSTING; spread over chocolate layer.
- Cover; refrigerate brownies until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate leftover brownies.
- Makes about 24 brownies.
Directions for Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat 1 package (3 oz.) softened cream cheese and 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) softened butter or margarine in medium bowl until well blended.
- Gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, beating to spreading consistency.
- 1-1/2 cups frosting.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!