- Non-stick cooking spray for baking
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 c. cake flour
- 1/2 c. Hershey?s® Cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (or instant coffee)
- 1 c. boiling water
- 1 bag Hershey?s® Heath Toffee Bits for filling and garnish
Preheat oven to 350°. Line three 9-inch round cake pans with parchment circles and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. In large bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla to dry ingredients. Beat mixture until combined and smooth (about 1 minute). Stir espresso powder into hot water (or make extra strong instant coffee). Add to batter and mix just until combined. Pour batter into pans and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then remove cakes to wire racks to finish cooling.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!