- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) dark Chocolate Chips or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (17.3 oz.) frozen puff pastry, thawed (2 sheets)
- 1 egg, beaten with 2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips and cinnamon in small bowl; set aside.
- Unfold one pastry sheet; roll on lightly floured surface to form 12-inch square.
- Cut into nine 4-inch squares.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon chip mixture onto center of each square.
- Lightly brush egg mixture onto edges of each square.
- Fold diagonally in half; seal edges.
- Transfer to ungreased baking sheet.
- Repeat procedure with remaining puff pastry sheet and remaining chip mixture.
- Lightly brush tops of turnovers with egg mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet to wire rack.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir.
- If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over each turnover.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!